The School of Medicine, Dentistry & Biomedical Sciences (MDBS) at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Clinical Lecturer/Clinical Senior Lecturer, Respiratory Clinical Trials to enhance our world-leading research in respiratory medicine and provide outstanding clinical care for patients with respiratory disease.
The post will enhance the growth of national and international respiratory medicine clinical trials at a regional level, building toward NI becoming world leading in respiratory translational research. It will contribute to strategic objectives within the Wellcome-Wolfson Institute for Experimental Medicine, School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences at Queen’s University Belfast (QUB) and the Belfast Health and Social Care Trust (BHSCT) relating to research, education, innovation and international impact and is aligned with investments in Belfast Region City Deal (BRCD), which aims to create an integrated vibrant ecosystem for health and life sciences.
Applications may be made at Senior Lecturer or Lecturer level. The job description for Senior Lecturer includes and builds on the requirements at Lecturer level. Please clearly indicate which role you are applying for in your application.
For Senior Lecturer, the successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate that you meet the following criteria:
- Primary Medical Degree.
- Higher degree (PhD, MD or equivalent).
- Full Registration with the GMC (or eligible for full registration).
- Inclusion on the GMC Specialist Registration in respiratory medicine via
- CCT (proposed CCT date must be within 6 months of interview date)
- European Community Rights (or eligible for inclusion within six months of the interview date).
- Membership of the Royal College of Physicians or equivalent.
- Record of relevant high-quality publications at an international level of excellence in internationally recognised journals.
- Record of successfully obtaining significant research funding or other resources to underpin research, as appropriate to the discipline, through competitive national or international peer-reviewed processes.
- Research profile in respiratory medicine which complements the research priorities and strengths of WWIEM (ARDS, Cystic Fibrosis, Asthma, Bronchiectasis, COPD, infectious diseases).
- Track record in the delivery of clinical trials.
- Evidence of developing research methodologies, models, approaches and techniques.
- Experience of supervising research activities of Postgraduate Students, Post-Doctoral Researchers or Clinical Research Fellows.
- Experience of presenting at national and international meetings and conferences.
- Substantial relevant teaching experience at University level.
- Evidence of contribution to the successful delivery, enhancements or review of particular modules.
- Experience of delivering high quality teaching as evidenced by positive feedback received from students, colleagues and external examiners.
Please note that the above criteria are for Senior Lecturer level and are not an exhaustive list. Please refer to the relevant job description for a full list of criteria relating to the post you are applying for.
This is a permanent full-time position.
Salary: £88,799 - £119,723 per annum
Anticipated Interview Date: 15/05/2024
Informal enquiries may be directed to Professor Danny McAuley via firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find further information about the:
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Further information on our attractive package can be found at www.qub.ac.uk/directorates/HumanResources/pay-reward-and-benefits/
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and International Staff Network) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/