The Medical Schools Council is committed to full equality of opportunity in our own organisation, practices and work, and is working with medical schools to support equality, diversity and inclusion across all spheres of their activities.
- The Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Alliance works to develop practical guidance to support medical schools in becoming fairer places in which to study and work
- The Selection Alliance publishes annual reports on the socio-economic profile of medical school applicants and entrants, and has done so every year since 2015
- The Clinical Academic Staffing Survey monitors data on clinical academics in each specialty and at each career stage, as well as by region, funding source, age, gender and ethnicity
- The UK Medical Education Database links undergraduate and postgraduate training data, allowing research to be undertaken in a broad range of areas to inform the development of medical selection, education and assessment
- The MSC acts as a source of assistance for medical schools seeking to apply for Athena SWAN awards
- The MSC Education Leads Advisory Group reviews surveys sent to medical schools to ensure their quality and provide smoother join up between research and policy making