Anglia Ruskin and BSMS summer school accepting applications!
Anglia Ruskin University and Brighton and Sussex Medical School are welcoming aspiring medics, in Year 12, to apply for the BrightIdeas 2023, MSC Pathway Programme!
What is BrightIdeas?
BrightIdeas is a research project for students, in Year 12, that combines scientific literature with insights from people with lived experience of chronic conditions. Supported by a current medical student, students enrolled on the BrightIdeas programme will:
- Choose a medical condition of interest, e.g. autism, dementia, HIV, leukaemia
- Research the science behind the condition
- Explore the biological, psychological and social impacts of the condition via discussions with those with lived experiences
- Report their findings via an essay, video, podcast, blog etc
- Share their reports at the BrightIdeas Conference
As well as undertaking the project, you will also attend four online events and an in-person summer school, where you’ll have the opportunity to develop the knowledge and skills required to make a competitive application to medical school.
To find out more about the programme and details of how to apply, please visit the BrightIdeas 2023 page.